Stepping Up My Anti-Aging Skincare Regimen
i had the pleasure of being invited to an afternoon with L’OREAL PARIS PHILIPPINES, where we were promised good food, great company, and an abundance of knowledge — plus activities! — about the ins and outs of anti-aging skincare.
being that i turned the big 3-0 this year (let us take a moment to breathe in a sigh), i jumped on the chance to not only broaden my horizons but also check out what the brand has to offer. i only started taking anti-aging seriously a couple of years ago, which i already regret, because as we all know the earlier you start, the more beneficial it is for your skin.
but as the old adage goes, better late than never!
we learned all about l’oreal’s REVITALIFT LASER X3 line, a complete skincare regimen that delivers the latest in anti-aging technology. they are powered by the brand’s patented 3% Pro-Xylane which helps improve skin density and plumpness, and helps reduce lines.
accompanying these impressive products were a variety of speakers–doctors and experts in the field–who delivered talks that both informed and inspired. i literally wanted to start making a list of all the do’s and don’ts that i learned, so i can put them into action!
“Women around the globe show that once they hit their 30s, age lines, dark spots, and uneven complexion start to surface on their skin. While global studies show that signs of aging appear at various ages, it is at this age when skincare becomes critical as accumulated exposure to UV light, pollution, and stress have caused their skin to show these signs of aging.”
– Jem Chua, Group Product Manager of L’Oréal Skincare Expert/Paris.
the top five tips i learned were:
1. develop a day and night topical skincare regimen, preferrably starting in your 20’s. make sure you are using high-quality products that actually deliver — you’ll thank yourself in a couple of decades.
2. apply your creams and serums to your face, neck and hands as these show the earliest signs of aging.
3. be mindful of the food you eat. we all know this, and yet we always seem to forget (guilty as charged!). eating too much refined sugar and other processed ingredients may cause acne flare-ups and other skin imbalances, so try to tread on the healthy side as best as you can. also, go organic wherever possible.
4. do not use regular bar soaps for face cleansing. it messes up the PH balance of your skin, stripping it of its natural oils. remember: dry skin is a no-no in the battle against skin aging!
5. always, ALWAYS use sun protection. prolonged sun exposure causes wrinkles and lessens the skin’s ability to heal on its own. as they say, prevention is better than cure, so go and get yourself some sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
(say hello to my almost-makeup-free face!)
at the event we also got our skin analyzed using a fancy little gadget. it was rather impressive, though i can’t rely too heavily on the results as my skin was deemed ‘very dry’, when it is in fact quite oily IRL. it’s my fault though; i went there with a layer of mattifying powder on my face so i know the results weren’t 100% accurate. i kind of want a do-over!
and look at that, l’oreal treated us to a mini photo shoot, complete with professional photographer and a full fledged doll-up station! everyone got made up super pretty. 🙂
here’s my look! i am not particularly skilled at the no-smile camera stare-down, as you can probably tell. 😛 it was such a fun day though that i can’t help but LOVE this picture in spite of my awkwardness!
after the hours we spent learning and mingling, we got spoiled even more and took home l’oreal’s complete revitalift line:
Revitalift Day Cream, P1499 | Revitalift Night Cream/Mask, P1499 | Revitalift Total Care, P1499
Revitalift Eye Cream, P995 | Revitalift Serum, P1499 | Revitalift Power Water, P1499
i am only about to start using my own set as my skin has just started to recover from a weird, weeks-long bout of break-outs. i still don’t know what caused it but since it’s finally clearing up, i can now introduce new skincare products and see how they fare. i am honestly SO excited to delve into l’oreal’s anti-aging line*, especially the eye cream and power water! will try to blog about the experience in a month or so — see you then! x
*l’oreal revitalift is available in all department stores, drugstores and l’oreal paris counters nationwide.