For A Moment The World Was Aglow
who else always feels like dressing up *especially cute* this time of year? with the festive season upon us, i’m certainly picking out my more special wardrobe items when i go out the door.
not only that, i am also much more inclined to go full-on with my accessories these days — kinda like matching all those shiny, festive baubles i see everywhere. gold jewelry is my jam and what better time than now to stock up on some high quality pieces, that will not only get me dazzlin’ through the holidays, but last a lifetime as well?
for this, i’m relying on my favorite fine jewelry retailer: AURATE. they promise sustainable jewelry made with ethical gold and diamonds, with a focus on classic, clean design. there is truly something for everyone, and right now i got my eye on all their gorgeous ear candy. like most things on their website, their earrings come in gold vermeil AND solid gold (14K or 18K), and different metal colors. take your pick from white, yellow, or rose gold, and rock that sparkle, girl!
on to my outfit: for a wee sunday date with the hubby, i threw on this gorgeous puff sleeve top from the brand custommade (featured in a previous wishlist post!), that i never thought i’d actually get to buy. it was $135 originally but i snagged it on sale for just $27. WORTH. EVERY. PENNY. it’s no longer available, but check out other similar ones that i also love! tops like these look amazing styled with everything from denim shorts to midi skirts, as well as overalls and tailored women’s pants like what i’m wearing here.
outfit details: custommade top | vintage trousers | onitsuka tiger lawnship 3.0 | kate spade bag
right now is the perfect time to cop your favorite puff sleeve piece, or any other thing you may fancy, since SHOPBOP’s having a sitewide sale from november 26 to 29. get 20% off your order* of $200 & up, including already marked down items. just use the code SHOP20 at checkout and you’re good to go! (FYI, my shopping cart right now is literally bursting at the seams – lol)
i’ve put together a couple of shopping lists below with some of my current faves from the site. i hope they can help you get an idea of what you can buy for yourself–and your loved ones!–from the sale:
1. ALEX MILL knit cardigan: equal parts cute & chic, in a delicious pumpkin shade
2. HOUSE OF WANT gingham crossbody: to wear with everything, any time of year
3. LOST + WANDER floral midi dress: ’cause who can resist a vintage floral in autumnal hues?
4. MADEWELL plaid coat: peak shaket (shirt + jacket) trend. HERE FOR IT.
5. HUNTER wellington boot: typhoon season got me droolin’ over chic rain boots
6. GIRLFRIEND COLLECTIVE sports bra: coolest activewear line made from recycled plastic bottles
7. RE/DONE cropped denim jeans: love me good pair of terracotta trousers!
8. MEADOWS eyelet + ruffle blouse: such a lovely brand with the dreamiest pieces
9. ALEXACHUNG tie waist polka dot dress: 10/10 print, color, and silhouette
10. FREEDOM MOSES rubber slides: ADORE the leopard, but comes in lots of other colors & prints!
1. NEST mini candle trio: celebrates the season’s festive scents
2. MADEWELL leather belt: i own this & super love the quality — also available in black
3. YES STUDIO heat changing mugs: this is how they look when warmed. cutest!
4. KITSCH pocket crystal set: the perfect size to keep on you at all times
5. SKIN GYM sonic face massager: for the skincare junkie in your life (or, you know, YOU)
6. CLUE gameboard (travel edition): amazing retro look + cool wooden folding case
7. set of 4 leaf-print porcelain plates: for the hostess with the mostest
8. KJL chunky curb chain necklace: adds a bold statement no matter the outfit
9. BALA 1-pound bangle weights: coz ‘Rona’s got us all working out at home, amirite?
10. REEBOK club C 85 sneakers: deliciously retro & swanky with all the gold trim
*brand exclusions apply
November 28, 2020 at 3:30 am
I love the whole outfit, and your hair too! It feels like this is the first time I’ve seen you with black hair. Aaaannnddd the bag! Super nice 😉